During those rainy days, you may be wondering what to do when you're bored at home. It doesn't matter if you are super bored, extremely bored, or just plain out bored.
Don't worry, we have you covered. We have a lot of ideas -- almost 20 of them -- which will give you something to do while you are grounded by your parents.
You will be able to pass away a long day in the solitary comfort of your room. Some of these ideas require nothing but yourself; others require another human being. Some will be fun and educational; as for the others, well, you can decide ...
1. Shut your eyes tightly and gaze at the back of your eyelids, visualizing shapes, flashes, and the memory of that messy room that needs to be cleaned.
2. Whistle a tune. A good tune can pass the time. If you are not a whistler, consider using your thighs as a drum kit, banging out a tune. Anybody can make a good beat, even you.
3. Sit on a chair that spins and spin yourself sick. Rather than being bored, you'll be sick.
4. Enjoy a good scratch. Don't worry, nobody is watching. Scratch under your arms or your derrière if it feel goods.
5. Don't think about clowns. Too late, huh, you already thought about their silly makeup and goofy clothing.
Requires a computer
6. You could spend days on the Internet playing useless games like bingo or solitaire.
7. Browse the web for time-wasting phrases such as "what to do when you're bored at home for kids."
8. Learn about the difference between running vs. jogging and cycling vs. biking. Who does know the difference, by the way?
9. If you are entrepreneurial, you could search Google for how to earn money from a blog. And if you are an entrepreneurial shopper, you could spend money on that blogger's work.
10. YouTube videos are a good standby, as well. It is possible to waste hours watching videos about cute cats.
Requires a brain
11. Pick up one of the best books to read before you die. It's debatable what is the best, but Pulitzer-prize winning author Toni Morrison is a good place to start.
12. Learn French or Spanish or German. If you are an American who is bored, you are behind the curve when it comes to learning languages. Many European people are fluent in multiple languages.
13. Learn how to play an instrument. A plastic recorder, which only costs a couple bucks of your allowance, can get you started making music.
14. Memorize a poem. Lewis Carroll's "Jabberwocky," which can be found online, is a fun one to memorize.
15. Listen to a piece of symphonic music on YouTube.
Requires interaction with another human
16. Talk to another person about your likes and dislikes and strengthen your relationship with them.
17. Volunteer your time at a animal shelter or nursing home. The shelter is always in need of dog walkers, and a nursing home is filled with elderly people just like you -- wishing they had something to do and were not bored.
18. Play Charardes -- the classic guessing game.
19. Have lunch with another person. Kudos if you prepare a healthy meal yourself. And PB&J does not count.
20. ... I am no longer bored and have run out of ideas for this list, but I hope this has helped you with what to do when you're bored at home :)